1. I believe in empowering others. Hela Coaching is only as meaningful as it is empowering. If at the end of our program, you are still reliant on me to tell you what to eat, when to eat, and how to eat, I have failed. My goal is to help you in the journey towards healthy eating and lifestyle choices so that you can make lasting changes and feel good about it!
2. I believe in sustainable lifestyle. What does that mean? By sustainable I mean your decisions, your habits, your lifestyle are livable long-term. I don’t believe in short-term, militaristic programs or crash diets. Why not? Because they don’t last. Strict diet programs work for the short period that you pay for them. But they don’t promote habit changes that are easily maintained long-term. Strict programs with tons of guidelines and rules make you rely on them for success. I want you to rely on yourself for success.
3. I am committed to providing you with sound coaching. As a Registered Nurse, I commit to provide the safest, healthiest direction. You can feel secure knowing my nursing license depends on it!
4. You own your life. I am responsible for the content and coaching I provide. You are responsible for the lifestyle decisions you make. That may sound harsh - it’s not meant to. It’s meant to be encouraging! When you own your life, you own your decisions and you own every. single. positive. step. forward.
5. I love the role food plays in our lives. Our nutrition and our eating habits form so much of our lives. The food we eat impacts our organ function, our brain clarity, our immune response, and even our mood! And eating is not just a passive experience - preparing and sharing a meal involves emotional decisions, communing with others and fueling our bodies so we have energy to do what we love!
6. Health comes in many forms. The World Health Organization defines health as "a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." We are complex beings - our body, our mind, our emotions are all connected.
7. I believe in the individual. While I apply some important nutritional principles to our work, I also believe in the individualized process. Never will I encourage or promote a one-size-fits-all plan. I believe each person has unique strengths, obstacles, and needs.
8. I believe love and compassion for yourself are the center of our work together. Allowing yourself compassion is the only way forward. Choosing a healthy lifestyle is self- love. Choosing to work through the valleys is self-love. Choosing to turn your failures into strengths is self-love.
9. You are brave. Merriam-Webster defines brave as having or showing mental or moral strength to face danger, fear, or difficulty. Take a moment and think about this. You are brave. You are courageous. You are kick-ass.
10. I am committed to authenticity. No, I will not share my deepest secrets with you (hello, professionalism!). But I will be real. I will only suggest wellness tips or healthy habits consistent with Hela Coaching’s values. You can expect honest storytelling in my blog posts and a personal touch to each coaching session. Why? Because we are in this together - the real you and the real me. I coach out a place of sincerity and transparency.