Easy Green Zucchini Noodles - Hela's Simple Recipes
Like many of my dinners, this delicious green dish came together after scavenging in my fridge for leftovers. I found a zucchini, some guacamole, and leftover ingredients from a bean salad. I tossed them all together in 10 minutes and now it's my favorite go-to green meal.
And it's all gluten-free, dairy-free & plant based!
Now full disclosure:
**I am no chef! This recipe came together almost by accident (and honestly, the easyness is part of what I love)!
So please, if you have any suggestions send them my way!
Easy Green Zucchini Noodles
Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 3 minutes
- 2 Zucchini, spiralized to setting C (looks like small triangles, this will make an angelhair-like shape)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup organic frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 of a fresh jalapeño, deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro to garnish, roughly chopped
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- In a medium bowl combine garlic, tomato, corn, jalapeño, and guacamole. Stir all ingredients together.
- Add the zucchini to the pre-heated large skillet. Cook over medium heat for about 2 - 3 minutes until slightly tender, rotating the zucchini in the pan with tongs. Be sure not to overcook the zucchini - it will become soft and watery if overcooked.
- Once all zucchini is cooked/heated thoroughly, transfer zucchini to a large bowl.
- While the zucchini is still hot, add the guacamole mixture to the zucchini in the large bowl. Toss with tongs until zucchini coated with the green sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.